CSU Cell & Molecular Biology Graduate Program
Fall 2020 Virtual Recruitment and Informational Session:
Highlights about CSU and the CMB PhD program,
and answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions
regarding the CMB application and review process.
Tuesday October 6, 2020, 5:30 – 7:00 PM Mountain Time via ZOOM
The Colorado State University Cell & Molecular Biology Graduate Program application process has opened. We often receive the same questions between now and the December 1st due date each year. We cordially invite you to attend a virtual session in which we will highlight some of the key features of the CMB program, the application and review process, and also provide answers to some of the most frequently asked application questions. Topics will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- CMB PhD program, including structure, research areas, student body, life in Fort Collins
- How to put together your strongest possible application package
- Application due date and the review process
- What should be included in a Personal Statement / Statement of Interest, and how to make it most compelling?
- How do I choose the most effective references to support my application?
- What features are you looking for in your incoming students?
- In addition to research, what other types of prior experiences are also valued during the review process?
- Is there a process for requesting a waiver of the application fee?
- Are PhD and MS applications considered equally?
CMB faculty members will be available to answer questions, as well as current students to provide
perspective on the program and their experiences at CSU and in Fort Collins.