FA21 Application Deadline for priority review is December 1, 2020
Only complete applications are eligible for review. Fee Waivers are not available.
August 26 through December 1
Applications are only accepted for admission in the fall semester of the following year.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the biological, biochemical, or physical sciences
- Includes a minimum of one year of biology, organic chemistry, physics, biochemistry and mathematics through differential & integral calculus
- Additional courses in cell biology, microbiology, developmental biology, immunology, genetics, physical chemistry, analytical chemistry, biophysics, physiology, anatomy, math, programming and statistics are taken in to consideration during evaluation for admission
- Most recently completed degree meets minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- One official transcript from each institution attended, even when showing as a transfer credit
- Three letters of recommendation (no standardized format)
- Personal statement of interests and future goals
- GRE scores are NOT required but may be provided
- Promising students with deficiencies in entrance requirements may be accepted into the program, provided the deficiencies are corrected during the first year. This may be accomplished by passing an examination, by taking appropriate undergraduate courses, or by successfully completing graduate level courses that require the undergraduate courses as prerequisites.
International Student Applications
- The CMB Program welcomes qualified students from other countries. These applicants must meet the same admission requirements as domestic applicants. In addition, they must show evidence of competence in the written and spoken English language [TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 80 (internet based); 6.5 for IELTS; 58 for PTE]. International students may be considered for support as teaching or research assistants, or may bring their own support in the form of a Fulbright or Governmental Fellowship or Scholarship.
Submit Application Materials
Enter reference contact information into your application. Your references will be emailed after you complete the necessary steps.
- To submit official transcripts, contact your previous institutions to request submission of official transcripts to Colorado State University (Institution Code 4075).
- To submit electronic test scores and transcripts, contact the testing institution and request scores be sent to Colorado State University (Institution Code 4075; email email@example.com).
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to Graduate Admissions. Do NOT send transcripts, test scores, or letters of recommendation to CMB; it will delay your application.
Check your application status to ensure your application checklist is complete, and check for updates.
Office of Admissions
Colorado State University
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062