CMB Student- Thomas Lee

CMB Post-Doc - Thomas Lee
CMB Post-Doc – Thomas Lee

Tell a bit about your life before you joined CSU.

Before joining CMB as a Ph.D. student, I completed a veterinary school, a rotating internship, and a medical oncology residency combined with a master’s program through National Taiwan University. I worked two more years in NTU veterinary teaching hospital as a clinical instructor, and meanwhile, I developed my interests in radiation oncology. Luckily, I was matched to CSU’s program and finished a radiation oncology residency combined with another master’s degree at CSU.

Tell us about your research project and what attracted you to your area of interest.

My research interests are comparative oncology and radioimmunotherapy. I hope our translational research can help us to understand more about cancer, immuno-, and radiobiology and share the knowledge from labs to Labradors or even humans.

What do you do to relax when you’re not in the lab?

Cooking, music, and movies.

What is your favorite thing about the CMB program/CSU/Fort Collins?

Comprehensive veterinary oncology program and cancer research resources and collaborations.

What has surprised you about graduate school?

Lots of tips and tricks in the experiments that are not described in the literature.

What has been your biggest challenge so far?

Working with inefficient people that don’t know what they are doing.

What do you plan to do after you graduate?

My future professional goal is to grow as a translational cancer researcher in academia and a clinician-scientist faculty member.